Sunday to Sunday: Fall 2016, Week 6

Election

After all the ups and downs of the 2016 presidential election the big day finally arrived. This is how the Odyssey writers spent election week.

A future voter gathers leaves near the Santa Barbara Mission - with only two days left before grown-ups head to the polls - Bronwyn Wallace

A future voter gathers leaves near the Santa Barbara Mission – with only two days left before grown-ups head to the polls – Bronwyn Wallace

Early morning voters. Happy to be voting - Travis Spencer

Early morning voters. Happy to be voting – Travis Spencer

Election week has me studying at school – Travis Frohlich

Lean back and watch the circus - Camilla Yahyaoui

Lean back and watch the circus – Camilla Yahyaoui

Look at all that red!!! 19:41 11/8/16 Election Day USA - Dom Ventura

Look at all that red!!! 19:41 11/8/16 Election Day USA – Dom Ventura

my friends and I decided to take a break from the election and go paddleboarding instead by the harbor. Best idea ever - Jennie Sundgot

My friends and I decided to take a break from the election and go paddleboarding instead by the harbor. Best idea ever – Jennie Sundgot

No caption needed – Alicia Briggs

No matter what happens in this crazy wild election the sun will still rise and will still set and for that I am thankful - Caroline Smith

No matter what happens in this crazy wild election the sun will still rise and will still set and for that I am thankful – Caroline Smith

Even though I am disappointed by the results of the election, I still have my American flag grocery bag presented proudly – Lia Durham

The color Black usually has a negative connotation. However, denotes strength and authority, it is considered to be a very formal, elegant, and prestigious color. It is also a symbol of grief, which may fit the popular voice right now with the elected US President – Howard Vega

Share.

About Author

blank

Lia Durham

Lia Durham was born and raised in Santa Barbara. She is a Liberal Arts major with a concentration in Communication and Media. Her true passion lies with film. One of her favorite directors is Paul Thomas-Anderson. He has directed two of her favorite movies Boogie Nights and Magnolia. The way he is able to push the boundaries of storytelling really speaks to Lia. She would love to create movies of her own one day. For now she is happy with watching movies and writing about them.

Comments are closed.