Sunday to Sunday: Spring 2016, Week 10

Emotions

When thinking about photography, just as in any other art, it is evident that there are many different varieties of style and technique. The processes of taking a landscape photograph and capturing an action-shot are completely different. One of the many amazing things a photo can capture and portray is emotion. Emotion, whether it be rage, sorrow, or solitude, is not an easy thing to describe verbally, let alone communicate through imagery. When capturing emotion in a photograph, one needs to be authentic and spontaneous, while still paying attention to the subject’s mood and movement. For this week’s Sunday to Sunday, we decided to challenge ourselves in taking photos that do just this—capturing emotion. –Autumn Vandiver

In awe while riding the train at the Santa Barbara Zoo — Travis Spencer

In awe while riding the train at the Santa Barbara Zoo — Travis Spencer

Oh my, look at us #twinning! Black and white plaid is our common denominator at a birthday celebration, and so is our friendship! -Sujin Chon

Oh my, look at us #twinning! Black and white plaid is our common denominator at a birthday celebration, and so is our friendship! -Sujin Chon

"Pure joy with these two" Andria Kester

“Pure joy with these two” Andria Kester

Vampire teeth.. We couldn’t stop laughing because my dad looks like he has dentures. -Hope

Vampire teeth.. We couldn’t stop laughing because my dad looks like he has dentures. -Hope

This has been one of the most challenging quarters of school for me ever. I am looking forward to Summer school, and being that much closer to my dream of being a college graduate! Tim Ramaker

This has been one of the most challenging quarters of school for me ever. I am looking forward to Summer school, and being that much closer to my dream of being a college graduate! Tim Ramaker

"These snapchat filters have me like"-Dylan Broyles

“These snapchat filters have me like”-Dylan Broyles

Having fun at the KJEE Summer Roundup 2016. A tradition we do every year no matter the line up! -Kari

Having fun at the KJEE Summer Roundup 2016. A tradition we do every year no matter the line up! -Kari

After 10 months, 38 weeks and 266 days in California our adventure has soon come to an end. But today we are focusing on celebrating our achievements and life long friendship. – Lisell Hagen & Carolina Bengtsson

After 10 months, 38 weeks and 266 days in California our adventure has soon come to an end. But today we are focusing on celebrating our achievements and life long friendship. – Lisell Hagen & Carolina Bengtsson

"Last day of class vibez... We ouchea!" - Ian

“Last day of class vibez… We ouchea!” – Ian

Loners in the back. -Jessica Kennedy

Loners in the back. -Jessica Kennedy

My brother graduated from UNLV with a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology. If you can't tell by his face, he's beyond excited to not have anymore math exams!

My brother graduated from UNLV with a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology. If you can’t tell by his face, he’s beyond excited to not have anymore math exams!

It's not often that my siblings and I can all get together for a photo, but my older sister getting her doctorate in Psychology was clearly reason to celebrate. Here you'll see my brother throwing his sunglasses on the floor, photo in mind, while my sisters and I clearly fear for the life of his favorite accessory. -Autumn Vandiver

It’s not often that my siblings and I can all get together for a photo, but my older sister getting her doctorate in Psychology was clearly reason to celebrate. Here you’ll see my brother throwing his sunglasses on the floor, photo in mind, while my sisters and I clearly fear for the life of his favorite accessory. -Autumn Vandiver

last presentations done - Rebecka Anteneh

last presentations done – Rebecka Anteneh

Share.

About Author

Nicole Cohen

Nicole is a Vegas native but after spending most of her life in Sin City she was ready for a change, she packed up and left for Santa Barbara, California. It has now been four years since then and she is hoping to graduate within the year as a Liberal Arts Major with a concentration in Communications and Media. Nicole currently interns for a Nonprofit called "Freedom to Choose". When she finds free time in between classes and interning Nicole can be found traveling different cities throughout California on the weekends, exploring new hiking trails, shopping at the local farmers markets, or in her apartment cooking up some delicious vegetarian entrees. Her life is full of new experiences!

Comments are closed.