Sunday to Sunday: Spring 2016, Week 9

Outside Inside

It’s easy to take a picture while outside exploring Santa Barbara, but can you take photo of something that represents the outside while actually being inside? This week we explored just this idea. “The best camera is the one that’s with you.” — Chase Jarvis. As we are in and out of school buildings, work buildings, our homes, friends homes and more we explore the challenge of having to snap the perfect photo. The perfect photo that equally and possibly elegantly represents the outside world while being inside throughout our everyday lives.  

My fiancé and I moving my parents from my childhood home in Seattle to their new spot on Lake Chelan in Eastern Washington. -Ian

My fiancé and I moving my parents from my childhood home in Seattle to their new spot on Lake Chelan in Eastern Washington. -Ian

Airplane day 2016 at the Santa Ynez Valley airport. -Jessica Kennedy

Airplane day 2016 at the Santa Ynez Valley airport.
-Jessica Kennedy

Driving down the PCH looking for waves and sunshine. Tim Ramaker

Driving down the PCH looking for waves and sunshine. -Tim Ramaker

Same direction, different view. A few minutes after this shot she dropped her phone off of 15 foot rock, we never got to see that photo she took. -Dylan Broyles

Same direction, different view. A few minutes after this shot she dropped her phone off of 15 foot rock, we never got to see that photo she took. -Dylan Broyles

Sometimes the only reason for us to be somewhere else is to see things from a different perspective - Lisell Hagen

Sometimes the only reason for us to be somewhere else is to see things from a different perspective – Lisell Hagen

INSIDE this car you’ll find OUTstanding dog's cruising around downtown Santa Barbara, CA. Though I’m from the city Gothenburg in Sweden, I’m actually allowed to make bad jokes like this though it’s one of the most important skills to master as a true “Göteborgare”– Carolina Bengtsson

INSIDE this car you’ll find OUTstanding dog’s cruising around downtown Santa Barbara, CA. Though I’m from the city Gothenburg in Sweden, I’m actually allowed to make bad jokes like this though it’s one of the most important skills to master as a true “Göteborgare”– Carolina Bengtsson

Unreal sunset at Carmel Beach, a five minute walk from my parents house. -Hope

Unreal sunset at Carmel Beach, a five minute walk from my parents house. -Hope

One of my favorite spots to relax and unwind in Santa Barbara. I can't say the address, but I'll give you a hint---It's close to the Mission! - Hannah Cooper

One of my favorite spots to relax and unwind in Santa Barbara. I can’t say the address, but I’ll give you a hint—It’s close to the Mission! – Hannah Cooper

Took the Amtrak down the coast to Irvine for the weekend. -Niki Cohen

Taking the Amtrak down the coast has become one of my favorite ways to commute. -Niki Cohen

Looking out of the plane window as I fly back to Santa Barbara from Seattle, I miss my city. #MyCitysFilthy - Ian

Looking out of the plane window as I fly back to Santa Barbara from Seattle, I miss my city. #MyCitysFilthy – Ian

Looking in from the outside, experimenting with light and reflections. -Kari

Looking in from the outside, experimenting with light and reflections. -Kari

The scary feeling of being under and outside on a patio that just doesn’t feel right - Travis Spencer

The scary feeling of being under and outside on a patio that just doesn’t feel right – Travis Spencer

The roof fell down outside. Thank You. -Simon

The roof fell down outside. Thank You. -Simon

Went to the new Chumash hotel and this was the amazing view from the 11th floor. -Andria Kester

Went to the new Chumash hotel and this was the amazing view from the 11th floor. -Andria Kester

Field trip shenanigans- Rebecka Anteneh

Field trip shenanigans- Rebecka Anteneh

This past weekend was extremely cold! Luckily I was able to stay cozy inside and stay cozy and play inside with a furry, cuddly, aggressive cat friend.-Sujin Chon

This past weekend was extremely cold! Luckily I was able to stay cozy inside and stay cozy and play inside with a furry, cuddly, aggressive cat friend.-Sujin Chon

On the outside looking in. Visiting Vietnam a few years back, we spent some time volunteering at Friendship Village, making donations and playing with kids affected by Agent Orange in the Vietnam war. Here is one of the many beautiful children we were lucky enough to meet peeking in through a window. -Autumn Vandiver

On the outside looking in. Visiting Vietnam a few years back, we spent some time volunteering at Friendship Village, making donations and playing with kids affected by Agent Orange in the Vietnam war. Here is one of the many beautiful children we were lucky enough to meet peeking in through a window. -Autumn Vandiver

Share.

About Author

Nicole Cohen

Nicole is a Vegas native but after spending most of her life in Sin City she was ready for a change, she packed up and left for Santa Barbara, California. It has now been four years since then and she is hoping to graduate within the year as a Liberal Arts Major with a concentration in Communications and Media. Nicole currently interns for a Nonprofit called "Freedom to Choose". When she finds free time in between classes and interning Nicole can be found traveling different cities throughout California on the weekends, exploring new hiking trails, shopping at the local farmers markets, or in her apartment cooking up some delicious vegetarian entrees. Her life is full of new experiences!

Comments are closed.