Last year there were 90,000 attendees total at the Santa Barbara Film Festival(SBIFF). Although, this event is huge for the local community, many of the 90,000 attendees are from out of town. The Santa Barbara local economy relies a lot on revenue from tourism.
The most tourists visit Santa Barbara during the summer months, and completely slowing down during the winter. Local restaurants, hotels, and other businesses benefit greatly from the Santa Barbara Film Festival, which starts February 4th through February 13th. Restaurant owners generally extend their business hours to accommodate Film Festival goers located around the Arlington Theater. Santa Barbara International Film Festival partners with several different hotels in the Santa Barbara area. This year they have highlighted three different hotels that offer special festival packages.
Top 3 Discounted Hotel’s for SBIFF:
Hotel Santa Barbara is sold out every night for the film festival of February 3-12. Connie, manger of the hotel, commented on how the film festival boosts their sales tremendously. They’re the official Hotel of the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. They have a package designed strictly for the Film Festival which includes:
- 2 night midweek stay in a king room,
- Dinner for 2 at CADIZ Resturaunt& Bar worth a ($75 dining credo)
- One santa Barbara international film festial 4 pak($60 value)
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- Complimentary valet parking($30 value)
- 2 tickes for the santa Barbara 90 minute trolley tour($40 value)
- Total package equals $499.00
Cheshire Cat Inn is a small bed and breakfast. Their endearing Alice and Wonderland themed hotel attracts many tourists especially during the Santa Barbara Film Festival. Whitney a front desk agent informed, “ we always sell out completely both weekends it gets pretty hectic but we are prepared.” They are the second featured hotel on the SBIFF website under “Hotel Discounts”.
The special package the offer for the Film Festival is available February 3rd-12th, 2016. All Rates Include:
- Queen Room mid week their special value price is $195
- Friday and Saturday the prices go up to $225
- King Room mid week $245
- Friday/Saturday the price is $275
- Breakfast daily
- Afternoon wine hour
- Free 4 Film Mimi-Pak for 1 night stay per room
- Free 10 Film Mini-Pak for 2 nights or more stay per room.
The newly renovated Hotel Indigo has only 5 rooms left for that weekend for the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. Hotel Indigo offers 15% off their regular nightly room rates upon check in. When booking, mention their promo code of SBIFF15. With your stay hotel indigo includes a bottle of “red carpet wine” which is the wine of the film festival.